The August Queso Diego meeting will focus on Spice, Herb, Vegetable, and Fruit cheeses. This includes any cheeses that have these ingredients integrated into the curd or as a coating. There are many types of relatively easy fresh or unaged cheeses that can be used as base for these ingredients, so I would like to encourage members to make some interesting cheeses this month to share. It is even possible to use store-bought cheeses (chevre, queso fresco, etc) as a base.
Your imagination is the limit and you can use any combination of base cheese and added ingredients for these. Feel free to make some more suggestions on the email list. I hope to see a lot of interesting and unusual cheese at the next meeting. Larry will also be bringing some base cheese for us to modify with our own ingredients.
Please RSVP using the link below so we can get an accurate head count:
- Sharing of cheeses
- Club business – treasurer updates, future meetings, etc.
- Spice, Herb, Vegetable, and Fruit Cheeses
What to bring:
- Cheese to share, if you can. Snacks and beverages are also welcome.
- 2012 Dues ($20), if not yet paid. It is also be possible to pay online through PayPal
- Tuesday, August 21st
- City Farmers Nursery, Home Ave (http://www.
- Topic: Spice/Herb/Vegetable/Fruit Cheeses