Queso Diego was featured on the cover of the Food section of the Union-Tribune on Wednesday, Nov 7. The online version of the article can be viewed here: http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/nov/06/finding-their-whey/
The September Queso Diego meeting will focus on pizza making. We will be firing up a couple of homemade pizza ovens, making mozzarella, and designing our own pizzas using our homemade cheese and our own ingredients. The club will be providing use of pizza ovens and dough and we will be making mozzzarella during the meeting. If you have special dough requirements, e.g. gluten free, you should plan to provide your own dough or crust. We request that you bring some toppings to put on the pizza from your garden or from the store. You can also bring other commercial and homemade cheeses to use on the pizza – feta, gorgonzola, parm, etc. We will also need some members to provide whole milk (non-ultra pasteurized) for making mozzarella. Please fill in what you can bring on the RSVP form.
Please RSVP using the link below so we can get an accurate head count:
- Sharing of cheeses
- Club business – treasurer updates, future meetings, etc.
- Pizza Making
What to bring:
- Cheese to share, if you can. Snacks and beverages are also welcome.
- Toppings, sauce, and cheese for pizzas.
- 2012 Dues ($20), if not yet paid. It is also be possible to pay online through PayPal
- Tuesday, September 18th
- City Farmers Nursery, Home Ave (http://www.
- Topic: Pizza Making