Every January, we celebrate Queso Diego’s anniversary and the new year with a bubbly and cheese pairing. This very special event is only open to members and their guests and requires pre-registration. To join and attend the event, please contact the officers at email@example.com. Regular meetings will resume in February.
In January we will be celebrate our Anniversary and the New Year in style with a Cheese and Bubbly pairing.
We will explore a variety of pairings with cheeses and sparkling beverages such as sparkling wines, cider, and beer.
Please Note: This is NOT at City Farmer’s Nursery.
We selected a special location for this meeting to better accommodate the format of the meeting and to allow everyone to be seated at tables.
Queso Diego Bubbly and Cheese Anniversary Party
Tuesday, January 20th 2015
First Unitarian Universalist Church
4190 Front Street, San Diego, CA 92103
$5 for paid members
$10 for guests (However if they join Queso Diego this drops it to $5)
Timely RSVPs are very important for planning and purchasing purposes.
This is a special annual event and a really good value.
There is No need to bring cheeses or beverages to share.
Parking can be found on the street or in the back of the USCD parking lot for $5.
Ridesharing is always encouraged.
Wearing your New Year’s Festive wear is also encouraged.
The October meeting of Queso Diego will take place tomorrow, October 15. We will be doing a harvest and Halloween themed pairing night and we encourage members to bring cheeses, foods, and beverages to create pairings. The club will provide a few harvest-themed cheeses and we expect that members will bring lots of interesting things to try. Feel free to bring pre-planned pairings or things to mix-and match with what other attendees bring. The idea behind this is to provide an opportunity before the holiday season for us to try out different combinations and develop ideas to share with our friends and family during the holidays.
A few ideas to get you started:
cheeses and foods involving fall and pumpkin spices, ciders and pumpkin beers and cheeses to pair with them, wine and cheese pairings, liquor or cocktail pairings, foods made with cheeses, etc.
Please RSVP using the following form:
Important Note: Because we need an accurate head count to purchase supplies and we need to give our vendors adequate time to fulfill our requests, we have closed RSVPs for this meeting after several notifications on the email list. We kindly ask that you not attend if you did not already RSVP, as we are in the process of purchasing supplies for the meeting based on the current RSVP list.
January marks Queso Diego’s second anniversary as a club. To celebrate this occasion and the new year, we will again be holding a cheese and champagne pairing celebration. We will explore pairings with a variety of sparking wines. The club will provide cheeses for the pairing and we are asking that attendees contribute a suggested donation of $5 minimum per person to help offset the cost of the sparkling wines that we will be purchasing.
The meeting will be held at 6:30pm on Tues, January 15 at Curds and Wine (http://www.curdsandwine.com). The meeting will be held in their meeting suite (7188 Clairemont Mesa Blvd), which is the same building, but in the suite farthest from the main road. Signs will be posted to help guide you. The store will not be open before the meeting, but it will be open briefly following the meeting if you need to purchase any supplies.
We will need some of the members to bring folding chairs. These should preferably be regular folding chairs rather than the fabric camp chairs, so as to take up less space.
There will not be a meal or food truck provided, but members are welcome to bring snacks, drinks, and food to share as well as cheese.
- Club announcements
- Cheese and Sparkling Wine Celebration
What to bring:
- Suggested donation of $5 to help offset the cost of sparkling wines.
- Regular folding chair, if you have one.
- Cheeses and snacks to share (optional).
- 2012/2013 Dues ($20), if not yet paid. This year’s membership is valid through June 2013. It is also possible to pay online through PayPal.
- Tuesday, January 15th
- Curds and Wine, 7194 Clairemont Mesa Blvd, San Diego, CA 92111 (http://curdsandwine.com
- Topic: Cheese and Champagne Celebration
The November Queso Diego meeting will focus on cheese and beverage pairings. With the holidays quickly approaching, it’s a great time to start thinking about sharing cheeses with family and friends. For this meeting, we are going to explore pairing cheeses with beer, wine, mead, cider, liquor, cocktails, and non-alcoholic drinks. We encourage everyone to bring a cheese and/or a beverage to pair with and a favorite pairing would be even better. We will share our pairings and mix-and match to find new combinations. We will then have some discussion about our favorites and what worked well for pairings.
Please RSVP using the link below so we can get an accurate head count: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDBJV0VoZkpLbXozRHJKTThURWFpZWc6MA#gid=0
- Free-form cheese and beverage pairings
- Club business – treasurer updates, future meetings, etc.
- Discussion about favorite pairings
- Additional time to revisit pairings
What to bring:
- Cheese and/or beverage for sharing and pairing. Snacks and beverages are also welcome.
- 2012 Dues ($20), if not yet paid. Membership is valid through June 2013. It is also be possible to pay online through PayPal
- Tuesday, November 20th
- City Farmers Nursery, 4832 Home Ave, SD (http://www.cityfarmersnursery.com)
- Topic: Cheese and Beverage Pairings
To celebrate our one year anniversary as a club and the start of a new year, the theme of January’s meeting is cheese and champagne. We will be exploring pairing of various sparkling wines and cheeses.
Due to the cost of supplies for this meeting, we are asking that everyone in attendance contribute $5 to cover costs.
- Sharing of cheeses
- Club business – updates, future meetings, etc.
- Holiday Party recap
- Featured presentation on pairing cheese and champagne – Ringo
What to bring:
- Cheese to share, if you can.
- Champagnes or sparkling wines to share (optional)
- Cash for food from food truck, if desired
- $5 to help cover cost of supplies for meeting
- A folding chair if you have one, as seating is limited.
- Tuesday, January 17th
- Curds and Wine
- Topic: Cheese and Champagne