The October Queso Diego meeting will focus on soft-ripened (bloomy rind) cheeses, such as Brie, Camembert, Valencay, etc. Laurie Gerber will be giving a presentation on soft-ripened cheeses and Bix will provide some additional tips on Camembert that he learned at a course at Oregon State University. We will also have a special guest presentation from Aurelio of Fytozimus about some new plant-derived enzymes for cheesemaking.
Please RSVP using the link below so we can get an accurate head count: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dG1ITFRPN3Vwb3haVmQ2WGlOejVnOVE6MA#gid=0
- Sharing of cheeses
- Club business – treasurer updates, future meetings, etc.
- New Vegetable Based Enzymes from Fytozymus – Aurelio Fernandes
- Soft-Ripened Cheeses – Laurie Gerber
- Camembert – Bix
What to bring:
- Cheese to share, if you can. Soft-ripened cheeses are especially encouraged. Snacks and beverages are also welcome.
- 2012 Dues ($20), if not yet paid. It is also be possible to pay online through PayPal
- Tuesday, October 16th
- City Farmers Nursery, Home Ave (http://www.
- Topic: Soft-Ripened Cheeses